The McIntosh MT5 precision turntable is a complete turntable package that is more than the sum of its parts. Engineered to exacting McIntosh standards, each piece contributes to deliver a superb performance.
The MT5 comes equipped with a high performance platter and motor drive assembly, precision tone arm and a high output moving coil cartridge that is also compatible with moving magnet inputs. The illuminated, magnetically suspended platter produces an inviting glow that's sure to be a conversation starter among friends and guests alike.
The MT5 is factory adjusted for perfect playback. Tracking force, anti-skate force, cartridge overhang and arm height are all preset for maximum performance. Advanced magnetic platter bearings and a precise belt drive motor spins records with absolute stability and quiet, assuring a pleasurable vinyl listening experience. The custom tone arm and matching moving coil cartridge track records with minimum friction using magnetic anti-skate and horizontal, tone-arm bearings. While the construction of the MT5 is meticulous, the setup is simple. In a few easy steps, you’ll be ready to enjoy your favorite vinyl recordings.
While maintaining complementary McIntosh styling, the MT5 takes full advantage of the chassis materials used to suppress noise, resonance and coloration so the only sound produced is that which is on your records. A clear, form-fitting dust cover is included to protect the MT5's moving parts, along with your valued records. The MT5 turntable is compatible with any McIntosh stereo preamplifier and is a great piece to complete your two-channel stereo system
Advanced Technology Turntable
- The MT5 combines the latest technology in Phono Cartridges, Tone Arms, Mechanical Suspensions and Record Platter Rotation for superb performance and accurate operation.
Moving Coil Cartridge
- The Sumiko BP2 High Output Moving Coil Cartridge has the inherent correctness of the impeccable mechanical and electrical design. High impedance, together with high output voltage, ensures noise free musical reproduction. This unique high output design features an alloy cantilever, elliptical diamond stylus with exceptional tracking capability. The ruler-flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz provides solid realistic bass, uncolored midrange and natural high frequencies.
- The MT5 Tone Arm is made from Dural-Aluminum with special damping material. The Tone Arm is both light in weight and highly rigid. The noise free Vertical Bearings are made from two high precision ceramic surfaces. The Tone Arms lateral movement is performed by a high precision Horizontal Bearing. It also incorporates adjustable magnetic Anti-Skating.Introduction and Performance Features
- The full size Outer Platter is made from a special silicone acrylic material weights five pounds, one and one-half inch thick. This helps to resist external vibrations from reaching the record during playback and its large mass provides the perfect flywheel action for stable playback speed. The inner platter is precision machined Anodized Aluminum weights one and one-half pounds and is six and one quarter inches in diameter.
Precision Motor And Drive Electronics
- The Swiss made DC Motor has stainless steel brushes and is controlled by a highly refined servo control system assuring very accurate speed rotation. Three Playback Speeds with fine AdjustmentsThe three playback speeds include 33 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm. There is a separate trim adjustment allowing for accurate music reproduction for each of the three speeds.
Magnetic Air Dampened Bearing
- The MT5 Turntable Platter rotates on a ceramic bearing using magnetic suspension together with a cushion of air to provide vibration free rotation.
Multi-Layered Dampened Chassis
- The MT5 Turntable Chassis has a Stainless Steel base, with a thick Aluminum base plate and Acrylic top plate. The internal dampening material also helps to assure the only sound heard is from the record groove itself.
- The Power Control Input connection provides convenient Turn-On/Off of the MT5 Illumination when connected to a McIntosh System with Power Control.
Fiber Optic Solid State Illumination
- The even Illumination of the Front Panel and the Turntable Platter is accomplished by the combination of custom designed Fiber Optic Light Diffusers and extra long life Light Emitting Diodes (LED's).
Glass Front Panel And Super Mirror Chassis
- FinishThe famous McIntosh Illuminated Glass Front Panel and the Stainless Steel Chassis with Super Mirror Finish ensures the pristine beauty of the MT5 will be retained for many years.